Monday, July 11, 2011

House, House, House

Lately, I've been obsessed with finding a house. It's all I think, pray, and talk about! Even though we have been searching like crazy, I still hadn't told these two...


until yesterday.. We had a little bit of time between Sunday lunch and our appointment for house hunting so we stopped by Josh and Emily's to visit Riley and Lydia. In the 30  minutes I was there, Lydia had me look at her "new" clothes (which I had seen ever article of clothing she showed me), paint her finger nails, look at her "new" bed (which I've seen a million times), and watch her jump on her bed (and almost break bones). Anyway, she wanted to have a tea party but by now we had to go look at some houses. She and Riley both just had to know why we had to leave and why they couldn't go with us.. lol... So I explained to them that we had to look for a new house.

Of course being 5 and 3, they didn't understand why we couldn't live at "Trena's house" anymore. I explained that we had to find our own house because we were married now and that's what we're suppose to do.

They both asked if they would be able to see our "new home" and come visit. And of course the answer was yes!

Anyway, we left their house and after celebrating Lily Brooke's 2nd birthday, Riley and Lydia came home with me and on the way home they asked if we found a house. It melted my heart and was so precious that they were interested in knowing about our new home.



when we got home, Lydia drew our new home :)

Of course, we still don't have one yet, but God just reassured me that we will find it and when we do.. It will be perfect.

I was so worried about telling Riley and Lydia. I didn't know how they would take it. They have only known of me living at "Trena's house with Tony and Toby". I'm so happy to know they are looking forward to seeing it just as much as we are!

No comments:

Post a Comment