The saying "you don't truly know a person until you've walked in their shoes" is so true.
The older I get, the more I realize how corrupt and cruel this world and the people in it are. Usually the people who you think are your "true" friends are the worst ones. Now I'm not saying this to be true of my friends.. I'm just saying I've seen this a lot here lately.
Think about this.. (and let me point out this does NOT apply to all people like this.. but I bet most are like this but will not admit it)
Think of the one person you know who has not everything but it seems as if they do. Also, think if this person seems happy most of the time. Now.. think about how you treat this person. Are you snobby and rude because you envy them? Or are you nice anyway because that's how we are suppose to treat everyone?
Wonder if these people are truly happy? Or if they feel like something is missing from their life?.. And maybe it is.. and maybe as soon as that "thing" comes into their life it will change it for the good.
The thing is we don't know who has problems going on in their life, we don't know who just needs a smile instead of an ugly look (and trust me I am world's worst to give a look), and we don't know who just needs someone to be there for them.
Because one day it could be you.. or me..
This has been on my heart lately and I am working on this.
Just something to think about..
No comments:
Post a Comment