Monday, April 25, 2011

Happiness..

3.19.11
This day symbolized love and a new beginning
but if you weren't there and behind the scenes then I should let you know it was an adventure!
Weddings may be fun to plan but when the day comes it is pure stress (with the exception of a few brides who breeze through the day with no problems). I never believed people and always thought the day would be stress free! Boy was I wrong!! And if you ask anyone, I was beyond stressed and had the craziest things happen on that day. Now, I won't go in to detail (but if you want to know we can talk about it one day)! On the other hand, the end result of that was the fact that I was now a wife :)
to this amazing guy..

Even though that day didn't go as smoothly as I wanted, I loved it :)


Here are a few things about it that was perfect:
(other than marrying the greatest guy I know)
1. My bridesmaids
They are all amazing and looked so beautiful that day! They were there for me the whole day. I couldn't have asked for better bridesmaids. I love each and every one of them.


2. Our photographers
Kelsie has been there from the beginning and I mean the beginning. I told her a week before we got engaged that I wanted her to do my pictures for my wedding. She laughed and said of course, but little did we know that it was coming sooner than what we thought! I am not kidding you when she has been through everything with me. She has even sat in the City Hall parking lot with her window down and it raining listening to me talk. She did my engagement, bridal, and wedding pictures. And I could not be more pleased with every one of them! They all turned out beyond perfect. I'm not sure she will ever understand how much I appreciate her. She definitely has a dedicated customer now! Check her website out: www.fairphotography.com
Jessica was my other photographer (and if you are about to get married I definitely recommend two photographers) Anyway, she's precious! She did all of our showers, the rehearsal & rehearsal dinner, and the wedding. She's so special to Jeremy and we wanted to include her in our wedding events and it worked out perfect that she got to do something she loves! She captured my most favorite part of the wedding day: the moments that are not planned for a picture. We appreciate you both so much and you both made the day so much more special!!

3. Our wedding director
Let me tell you, God definitely knew I needed Chelle. We had never really talked before, but when Jeremy and I got engaged she sent me a message telling me congratulations and if I needed anything to feel free to ask her because this was her major! Well, I didn't think I would need any help and that I could do it on my own. Once again, I was wrong and would not have made it without Chelle. When I panicked, she calmed me. And then when I panicked again and even more, she continued to calm me down. She even took time out of her spring break to go with me to Birmingham to get the last things for the wedding. Once again, I was freaking out because it was only a few days before the wedding and I couldn't find a cake topper and it was too late to order one. I was very picky too. If it had not been for Chelle, I would have never found the most perfect cake topper ever!
I was nervous Chelle would be shy and not get after everyone like I needed her to, but she definitely proved me wrong! She came to the rehearsal prepared with all her list and on the wedding day she had kits of all kinds! Every time I needed something, she was going after it.. No matter where she had to go! She was amazing. She's the perfect example of "you don't need a degree to do your job". We are beyond thankful for everything she did for us!

4. Our caterer
And once again, God sent me the best person for this job. I actually had someone else lined up for this job but the other person would never answer my phone calls or call me back. So, only a few weeks before the wedding, my granny suggested Sherry Cox. I had known her when I was little but could not place her and definitely had no idea what her food and cakes were like, but I was on a budget and had little time. So, I trusted them both and went with her. I am so glad. She did the best job possible. Everything was amazing and I still have people talk about the food. I was so thankful for her and how perfect everything was.







5. Our musicians
Paige, Slade, and Ashley did an absolute amazing job. All three of them have the most amazing voices. I know it wasn't easy because I changed the songs the week of the wedding I believe.. If not the week of, it was the week before. So, they had very little time to prepare. and I kept adding to Slade's songs (and I added one I think the Wednesday before the wedding) So, I know it wasn't the easiest thing and it turned out perfect and they sounded amazing. Ashley and Slade's song was during the candle lighting and of course the song ran over. So, while Jeremy and I stood there, I actually listened to them sing and it gave me chills. It is one of my most favorite memories of that day. I loved it. Thank you three for everything.

6. Jeremy's groomsmen
I was so proud of these boys, and I know Jeremy was so happy they all celebrated this day with him. Most of the time, boys (boys in general) don't like to go to weddings.. much less be in a wedding, but every one of these boys came and did it with the best attitude. If they didn't want to be there, they sure did hide it well and I never knew it. I'm so thankful for every one of them and that they chose to spend that day with us!



7. Our flower girl & ring bearer
If you know me & now Jeremy, this little girl and boy have BOTH of our hearts one hundred percent. They were both so excited to be apart of our wedding even though Lydia bailed on us.. lol. Lydia was gorgeous and Riley was so handsome. It was a long day and to be a three year old and five year old, I thought they did really good..especially getting there as early as they did and not having a nap! It was an adventure, but I wouldn't have it any other way!

 Those people are just a few that made our day special. Even though it was a crazy day, the end result was the most important thing. We are now husband and wife striving to follow God's will. We are so happy and excited to see what God has planned for us.







and thank you to all our friends and family who joined us.. We loved celebrating this day with you.











No comments:

Post a Comment