Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thankful : Day 10, 11, 12, 13

Day 10:

I'm thankful for the opportunity to go to church and to worship how we please. We sometimes take this for granted. There are so many people in this world who would love to be able to go to church every Sunday and Wednesday, but yet they have to sneak just to read their bible or to even have one!!! I have a whole shelf full of bibles and I know there are others who have bookshelves full but there are people in this world who can't own them. How insane is that?

Day 11:

I'm thankful for our freedom and the men & women who serve so we can have freedom. I am proud to live in our country (and hopefully will be able to continue to be proud) but we wouldn't have any of the things we have or be able to live this way if it weren't for those men & women who have fought for us! I can only imagine that's the scariest and toughest job there has to be. Not only am I thankful for the actual person who fought for us but for the families. Many, many, many families sacrifice their family member not just for their family but families all over our country whom they've never even met!! They go holidays, special events, and just every day without their family member. Children live days, months, and sometimes even years without a parent and unfortunately sometimes they continue to live without them when they never make it back home. I feel that these people deserve more than a day. They didn't fight just one day.

Day 12:

I'm thankful that today I get to go to the doctor and check on Olivia. There are so many people who do not have this privilege. I'm thankful that I have the ability to check for any problems and also can check to hear her heartbeat. I'm 33 weeks and with Layla my blood pressure problems started around 34. Please be in prayer with me that we don't have any problems with it this time. My doctor explained to me during my first visit for Olivia that my chances of high blood pressure increased 15%. So, I'm in constant prayer about it. It's such a scary thing!

Day 13: *going ahead and doing tomorrow!

I'm thankful for my friendship with Kayla Cole. To me, it's the true definition of friendship and she is a true example of what a friend should be. We NEVER hang out. We live such different lives and are so busy we don't ever have the time and sometimes we even go days without talking, but if I ever need anything, words of encouragement, prayers, etc she is ALWAYS there. I can always count on her no matter what! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment