Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Nursery... for now

Well for the most part the nursery is finished. All we have left are a few things here and there but it will prob look this way for the most part. We are definitely proud that we can bring our baby girl home to a nice, clean, and so adorable (in our opinion) room!

A lot of the things in her room are things that we re did! :)

The camera makes the wall color look weird.. It's a real pretty green.
I know this wall looks empty but we have a bird cage that is going to hang from the ceiling. That is going to go in the right corner. I have a picture frame that I'm going to put up on the left side.


I'm in love with this picture. It turned out so good. Kensey did such a good job!




I bought the mirror from a friend and re painted it and I made the hair bow holder to the right!
I bought the little chair from someone and painted it white!


We never wanted her room to have a "theme" but it has kind of turned into trees and birds.
All the frames are waiting on sweet newborn pictures!


One of her THREE hair bow holders!
This is my favorite because I made it :)


That canvas looks so small on the wall. LOL. Guess I need to find something to go around it or something.



My husband can do anything :) This was all his craftiness. I didn't do a single thing to the glider. When we bought it, it was brown with red ugly cushions. He painted it white and covered the cushions with pink minky dot fabric! I guess taking home ec in high school paid off for him! The total amount we put into this chair $50.



Here's the shelf we re did! I still need something to go on the shelf on the left and something tall and skinny to go in the middle top one! I know what you're thinking... "what is up with that green turtle?" haha. Toby won that for Layla and is very proud of it. He wanted it to be displayed so this is the chosen place for it.


Another hair bow holder. I know this is what every one else has but she had to have another holder and I had this letter. So, I thought might as well...



The view from the door. She will eventually have curtains. We just can't find any that we like. :/
Her daddy did so much in this room. I'm so thankful for him. He put the floor down (by himself), painted the whole room (by himself), put up the moulding (his dad helped), and then painted all the the trim and moulding (by himself). And of course he did little things here and there.
Oh and we have a white fan in the other bedroom. So, we are just going to switch them.


The view from the window.

















No comments:

Post a Comment