Monday, July 16, 2012

Days, Weeks, Months


As of today, I am 32 weeks and 2  days!
Yay!

If you think about it, Layla could come at any point from now on.
Scary!

As much as we want to meet her though, we want her to stay in there until she is ready and it's her time to come! From the very beginning, Jeremy and I decided we would NOT be induced unless she or I was in danger. So far, I have stuck with this plan. He on the other hand at least once a week comes home and says something like "Maybe we should schedule her delivery" or "I think we should just go ahead and schedule it" etc. Way to stick to it, huh?

The reason he has changed his mind is that [I believe] he is completely freaked out about the drive there. Lol. Honestly. Everyone says "oh, you'll have plenty of time to get there". Yeah, well all these people at his work keep telling him stories of not making it to the hospital and I'm pretty sure he does NOT want to deliver a baby. So, that's why the comments about scheduling her birth.

I, however, have been praying HARD. That everything continues to go great and we don't have to be induced or have a c section! We don't want either of those BUT if she or I are in danger, we aren't stupid. We will have either one done if necessary.

When we had our 20 week ultrasound and they told me she was 100% perfect, I had no more worries. I seriously never worried about her. (This also comes from peace from praying) Anyway, the other night my mom was hanging her blind back up in her room and I was stretching to help her and she said stop stretching like that. I was like why? Completely clueless. She said just in case.. She could possibly get the cord wrapped around her neck!

UGH.

and let me tell you.... ever since that day, there has not been a day go by that I have not worried about that cord getting around her neck! I seriously never even thought about it before.. not even once! Now I am more cautious about how I move. If I haven't noticed her moving, I start rubbing my stomach and make her kick, move, etc. She's been pretty active here lately which has given me so much peace of mind but gosh... that's such a scary thought. I just keep praying that it doesn't wrap around her neck!!

I'm sure this is only the beginning of the worrying.
But I constantly stay in prayer over her.

I can't even explain to you how ready Jeremy and I are to meet her!!
We are so excited and CANNOT wait to be able to hold her and show her off to everyone!
I'm sure everyone is tired of hearing about her but facebook has a delete button that you can use if you are! :)  

Her diaper bag is packed and ready to go! Now we just need time to continue on flying by and Sept 8th to get here!


No comments:

Post a Comment