I saw this picture on facebook and it really bothered me. The picture was from June 23rd and this is what the caption read "With a heavy heart we give you our rocket update - 22 rockets have been fired into southern Israel today, causing damage to a school and factory. Hit LIKE to PRAISE GOD that the school was vacant because of Shabbat. These attacks bring the total number of rockets fired into Israel over the past six days to 150. Hit LIKE to stand with Israel and please SHARE to inform your friends."
After I saw it, I googled "rockets fired on Israel". Several recent articles came up about all the rockets being fired on Israel. I did NOT read any of the articles. So I don't know what they say BUT this is heartbreaking. I couldn't imagine living where I was scared all the time, worried about my family, and just not knowing. I was sitting here sad and thinking about how blessed we are and it hit me! Americans go through this all the time!
I personally (and I'm sure you do too) know someone who is overseas right now. They do live like I said in the above paragraph and their families do too (I imagine so anyway). So the rest of us can live in a country where we don't have to worry about those things!
I am so guilty of thinking "gosh, how bad can this day get?" and the worst thing be SO minor. I see so many people complain on fb about how bad their day was or how bad their life is over some of the stupidest things (and I have done this before too so I'm just as guilty)!! But next time I start to complain, get mad or upset over something, I want to remind myself that my life is good. It could definitely be worse. Just recently I have complained about my husband working ALL the time. I even said "we only get to see each other a few hours out of the week". I will never complain about that again because there are so many women/men who don't even get that! They have to go months without their husband/wives and at the same time they are praying so hard for their safety.
My complaint doesn't even compare... at all.
I am so beyond thankful for those who are serving for our country. The women/men who are at home while their spouse is overseas are so strong! I definitely wouldn't be able to handle it.
This is something to think about next time that complaint starts to come out of your and my mouth!
Praying for everyone serving and their families!

No comments:
Post a Comment