Monday, April 9, 2012

a family of three


This was our first photo as a family of three even though you can't physically see Layla!

It amazes me that I've been pregnant 18 weeks and today was the first time it actually felt real to me. I was sitting here doing some homework and she was kicking me like crazy and it finally hit me that there's a real baby inside me! How crazy is that?

I've been so caught up in what we were having, clothes, the nursery, names, etc. that I've forgotten the most important things. As her mom, my priorities are not to make sure she's the best dressed kid in the neighborhood (although she will be dressed cute), it's to make sure she knows Jesus and is raised in a christian home. It's to also take care of her and make decisions that's going to benefit her! To protect her and teach her right and wrong and not to fall into the traps of this awful awful world.
There are so many more but those are just a few that I was thinking about today.

Although there is still a chance that we could have a surprise at the 20 week ultrasound and the baby could be a boy, I truly believe that it's a girl (as you can tell since I'm planning everything for a girl).
I just feel like a girl fits us (and I know 100% that I could be wrong and it turn out to be a boy).
I know Jeremy wanted a boy so bad, but I know God's plans are greater than we could ever imagine!
and I know that Jeremy is going to fall head over heels in love with Layla when she gets here and she is going to be the center of his world.. and that's completely ok with me. She's the only one I would allow in that spot other than me! :)

But it excites me that's she'll be here in about 5 months and our world is going to change dramatically! We can't wait to meet her!


No comments:

Post a Comment