Monday, November 25, 2013

Thankful ; Day 22-25

Day 22:

I am thankful I'm not the person I use to be. I still struggle at times but I've come a very long way. When I was younger, I was a brat. Plain and simple. I was the biggest smartelic. As I grew into teenage years, I was still those things with an "I don't care attitude". I was VERY opinionated and blunt. Not that I'm not still to this day. I've just prayed over it over and over and I have "toned" it down.  Layla has also helped me with this. I want to be a better person for her. Now don't get me wrong... I still have my moments. I'm still VERY opinionated and sometimes I'm still blunt but I try really hard to work on this and try to think of what I'm saying before I say it... but there are times that I fail. Sometimes I can leave a conversation and immediately regret saying one little comment. Also, sometimes I can mean something one way but someone will take it a completely different way all because of "how I said it" (JEREMY & MY MOM). and I'm the worse texter. Everything is worse through text messages... but I work really, really hard on this and I think if you knew me back in high school and know me now you would say there's a difference.

Day 23:
(On day 16, I wrote about thankful for my friends... That specific post was about my high school/long time best friends)

I'm thankful for my friends who haven't been my friends my whole life but are some of my best friends now! Some of these even started out with rough starts & some are totally random, but I'm thankful for them! I'm thankful for friendships that I know if I needed that person they would be there and it doesn't matter that we haven't spoken that week. I'm thankful that if I just need to "vent" they will listen and that we can just pick up where we left off. Most of these friends have babies the same age as mine and life is crazy and hectic. We don't always have time just to hang out and chat but when we do it's usually about the babies but always so nice!

Day 24:

I'm thankful that Layla and Olivia are finally getting some cousins! I'm so excited! I believe cousins (and siblings) are so important! Growing up, ALL my memories are with my cousins... all four of them even though Amy is a good bit older than me! We always had so much fun and I hope that Layla and Olivia will have so many great memories with their cousins!

Day 25:

I'm thankful for my life overall. I've been up since 3am and was on fb, pinterest, reading blogs, etc. I saw a post about a BABY in the hospital waiting on a new heart and another post from a mom who lost her baby 11 months ago.. It absolutely broke my heart. I can't imagine the pain these two (and more) families are going through. There must be something really special about these people for God to think they can handle these things, because honestly I don't know if I could. I don't think I'm made for it and I thank God that I haven't had to find out and I pray that I never do. Sometimes I get so caught up in things of this world and forget how blessed I really am. I live an amazing life and can also give my girls an amazing life and that's all I've ever wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment