As I mentioned before on my page, I am no longer taking new clients! I have several sessions booked for the rest of the year and even some for next year already AND THOSE ARE STILL BOOKED. I am not cancelling on anyone.
I hate to do this but this pregnancy is going a little different than with Layla. I am thankful for no sickness still but I am literally drained. It takes everything I have to keep up with Layla and I sometimes get upset that I'm not spending enough time with her. I spend my day with her and during her naps I spend my time doing house work. At nights when Layla goes to bed, I start editing.
I couldn't imagine having an actual job to go on top of all this. I'm physically & emotionally exhausted.
But on top of all that, I started doing this because I love taking pictures. If you didn't know, you could come to my house and quickly find out. I mean I sit here sometimes wondering where in the world I'm going to put the pictures of the new baby?! {I think I need a bigger house ;) }
Anyway, here lately it has no longer been fun for me. I've had too many bad experiences and I do not want to put myself in situations that are going to upset me or make me uncomfortable. It is not worth it to me.
Being a photographer is being just like a painter, a musician, a cook, etc... What they create is their work, their art... and when someone can't even say "thank you" or "I loved my pictures". Then it's not worth it to me. The whole point is for someone to love them. {and even if they didn't love them, then that should be noted too!}
But I do want to thank all of my clients! For the most part, I've enjoyed my sessions, weddings, and birthday parties! I've loved meeting new people and getting to know others!
I'm very thankful and absolutely hate that I'm making this decision but I think it's best. I sent out messages over fb and if you received one of those, then those are still good too! :)
I think this is best for me physically, mentally, and emotionally. Thank you for understanding!
No comments:
Post a Comment