Sunday, January 20, 2013

Catch Up

Boy am I behind!

I normally only blog when Layla naps, but Layla hasn't been napping that well lately or if she does I've been super busy! So, blogging hasn't been much of an option!

Anyway, so this is going to be a catch up blog of Proverbs 31 Wife.

Day 3: Today, think about the ideal temperature you would be if you were a thermostat in your home. What are some things you'd need to add? Take away? Make it your goal today to keep that temperature in your household (spiritually and emotionally). This challenge is important to me, and I believe it should be for every household. If Jeremy is ill, then I usually always turn ill or don't have a good day! If I'm ill, Jeremy usually turns ill or doesn't have a good day. I think a lot of people are like this. I've tried better to not let things get to me and have a happy home. I want Layla to grow up in a house full of love and laughter. Drama is the number one thing that needs to be taken away from our house and it has for the most part but that has also meant losing a lot of people that we care for and some of them have even been family. What we need to add is more Jesus (you can never have too much). This day challenge has been something I've really been trying to work on.

Day 4: Today, take a look at your kitchen. Do your cabinets or pantry need organizing? Is there clutter on the counters? Make time to clean up and get the clutter out! Plan a special meal for your family for dinner and use the good dishes. If anyone asks, tell them it's because you love being their wife/mom. I didn't do this on the actual day 4, but I have done it since. It's amazing how much better you feel just from organizing parts of your house. My mom helped me but we got it done. I did some of our cabinets (the worst ones), our pantry, and our laundry room! I hope to keep it this way because I just feel so much better when it's clean and organized! I haven't cooked a meal yet, but I do plan to do this! It's hard to cook with the shift Jeremy works and the fact that Layla doesn't eat food yet!

Day 5: Today, make it your priority to show patience with your husband and children. Ignore the little things that drive you crazy and look for ways to be supportive. I feel like I have mastered this challenge. lol. especially with Jeremy. Layla doesn't do anything that drives me crazy except suck her thumb. I really wish she wouldn't do it, but there's nothing I can do about it (yet) so I'm accepting it until she's old enough to know! Jeremy on the other hand does a lot of things that drive me absolutely crazy. (I still love him though ;) anyway... We are fixing to celebrate our 2nd anniversary (wow!) and I learned a long time ago that if we were going to make it without fighting every single day then I had to stop letting his little habits drive me insane. Mostly now the only things that drives me crazy is his driving! whew.. that's a totally different subject though ;) But just to let you know I DO still let some things bother me. I just don't thrive on it like I use to, but sometimes it happens!

Day 6: Today, look for ways to be kind to your husband. Write a note to him and put it in his car or in his pillow. Tell him how grateful you are that he is in your life. I hate to admit that I have not done this day challenge (lately). :(

Day 7: Today, begin making something special for your family. Maybe it's a photo scrapbook or a crocheted blanket or a tablecloth for family meals at home. As you work on your project, pray for your husband and your children. Currently, I am in the process of making Layla's one year photo book :) I want to do it as she grows so I'm not overwhelmed when she finally does turn one. I've made a wedding showers photo book, an engagement photo book, and our wedding photo book. I'm sure Jeremy could care less if I made any of these but maybe one day when we're old he'll appreciate that we have them to look back on!

Day 8: Today, take care of the little things. If you see dust, don't ignore it; wipe it off. Are the towels under the bathroom sink messy and haphazard? Straighten them to look neat and tidy. Look for the little ways to invest your time in showing your family you care. Dusting. ugh. One of the worst things to do cleaning wise. and I have to admit that I usually let it go for a while, but I've really been trying to be better about it!

Day 9: Start your day with prayer. Ask God to give you wisdom and a desire to serve your family today in ways he wants you to. Look for opportunities to pray for specific needs for your household and individual family members. If I fail at all others, I hope this is the one I don't. I think out of all the challenges this is the most important one and it's my top priority to start my day out in prayer even if it is just a quick prayer to get me going for the day or even the same prayer for the day.

Day 10: Today, be confident that God has called you to be the wife he's called you to be. Resist any of the doubts you may often tell yourself. Rest in the knowledge that God has placed you where you are to make a difference to your spouse and your family. Today, make that difference. and this is the 2nd most important one to me. Four years ago I would have never dreamed that I would be where I am today, but I am and I know that there's a reason for it and I love the journey.





No comments:

Post a Comment