Everyone has them... No doubt... and a lot of people will even try to hide theirs, but I don't care to share mine with you. I'm not going to share them all with you but I'll tell you about one..
When I was in high school, I didn't really have sympathy for people. If I saw a "homeless" person, it never bothered me because I knew it was their fault they were in that situation. I never had a heart for animals either. I know that sounds awful. I also could care less what people thought of me. If someone was mad at me, you can guarantee it didn't bother me one bit.
(I may rethink posting this. lol. I sound like such a bad person.)
Well one day when I was in junior college, something happened (and I can't even remember exactly) and it didn't even bother me and I thought "OK now. I should be upset over this." So, I prayed continuously for a "soft heart". I prayed for compassion for people and animals too. I prayed that I wouldn't be so hard towards people. Let me tell you... It did not happen over night, but as time went on I started to notice a difference. That was four years ago and not too long ago I told my mom about me praying for that. I told her God answered my prayers for sure because now I need to pray for a "hard heart" again.
If I see that "homeless" person now, it will bother me for days. No matter what that person did in their life to put themselves in this situation, I have such a heavy heart for them. Now, there are even some people that I can't be around because I get so upset just from being around them for a few minutes and knowing the things they are going through. Now, if someone is "mad at me" or "don't like me" and I know it, it bothers me.. bad.
There are MANY other things that bother me too... These are just a few examples.
But what I have noticed is that now with this "soft heart", I cling to God more. I pray and talk to Him more. I pray for other people more. Before I hardly ever prayed for people. I learned how to pray for other people because there sure are a lot of people in this world that need it. A lot of times I get upset now and all that, but I just have to pray and know that God has it under control. Once again... He has a plan and it is perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment