I must be weird or strange or different or something because I like the fact that Layla is growing up. I don't want her to stay little. I like that she's learning different things and starting to do more. I like knowing that we have years of "firsts" ahead of us. I look forward to the day that she crawls, hugs my neck, says mommy or daddy (whichever comes first), walks, says I love you, starts school, etc. I love her being a baby and just sitting here staring at her but I love knowing that we have a journey ahead of us. I want her to be able to be 20, 30, 40 and remember all the memories she had growing up.
As of right now, I say she is our "one and only".
I had the perfect pregnancy, the perfect labor & delivery, the perfect recovery and the perfect baby.
Why in the world would I want to chance going through that again and nothing going that way again? I mean we're 100% right now lol
BUT
I know that in a few months years I will want to go through all this again. Not the pregnancy part... I didn't really like being pregnant even though I had no problems. I didn't like gaining weight even though I only gained 26 pounds total. But I will want a newborn again.. I know because I've already started thinking about names for the next one and I really want to have a boy. So, I'm not sad about her growing up. I can do it all again..as many times as I want really but hopefully it'll only be once or twice more lol
So anyway... we are absolutely in LOVE with Layla.
Growing up I could never understand why my mom was weirdly obsessed with me and then also with Toby... (Now she's just obsessed with Layla and Toby.. haha ;) jk)
Anyway... I understand now.
I'm obsessed with Layla.
I love everything about her and she's absolutely perfect.
Thank you to everyone who has called, texted, visited, etc. We appreciate it and all your sweet comments. Everyone says she's the prettiest newborn they've ever seen. Well I agree. Thank you for making my day and if you don't think so and lied but said it to be nice, then thank you for lying :) lol
She is her daddy made over. I always told him that if she looked like him then she would look like Valerie because Valerie and Jeremy are twins. Well while they were cleaning her up, he was over there looking at her (I hadn't seen her yet) and he turned around and said "She looks just like Valerie". I said "Well I told you she would if she takes after you". But yes... she looks just like Jeremy & Valerie. So far her eyes look like they are starting to turn.. to me they look like they are turning blue (which I'm really hoping for) but Jeremy said he thought they were turning green (which is ok too). Either way she will be gorgeous! :)




No comments:
Post a Comment